- We recycle all scrap metals generated on site. These metals include aluminum, iron and steel. The aluminum is made up of grinding fines, impure oxides and dirt from our furnaces and chips from our machine shop. The iron and steel is waste from our maintenance activities and from obsolete or worn out molds.
- We capture and bundle our cardboard for recycling back into new cardboard.
- We recycle silver from our X-ray department.
- We receive most of our materials on wooden pallets. We recycle those pallets unfit for immediate re-use to pallet recyclers who rebuild the pallets to as-new condition.
- Our source of power to run our plant is clean, green hydro power generated 10 miles away at Chelan County’s Rocky Reach Dam.
We at US Aluminum Castings believe wholeheartedly that we are stewards of this Earth. This belief impacts our business strategy and long term goals as we seek to reduce our environment impact through reduction, recycling, and renewability. We make every effort to capture and recycle those materials we do not sell as finished aluminum castings.