We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic with a solid and sincere work ethic which will include an excellent attendance record, stable work history, and a willingness to perform multiple functions as required. Our employees are collaborative and team oriented. They are trustworthy and committed to the long-term success of US Castings and its customers.
US Castings is located in Entiat, Washington. We are a premier production plant that runs four casting processes as well as heat treatment, machining and powder coating all under one roof. We are seeking a new employee to perform enter job title here.
We offer competitive wages based on experience. This position includes an option for medical, vision, and dental benefits as well as a 401k. This is a full-time year-round position. The successful candidate will work planned hours plus overtime as needed.
A Foundry Tooling Engineer is responsible for the costing, design, creating, inspecting and repairing of iron, wood or urethane tooling used in the sand molding and permanent molding of castings.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize customer drawings and models to design tooling for use in the foundry to mold castings;
- Estimate the costs associated with the fabrication of tooling;
- Work with customer engineers to facilitate the design of castings and tooling that fit with USAC’s processes;
- Work with internal and external pattern shops to estimate, design and fabricate tooling;
- Utilize materials such as iron, wood, resin and fiber glass to perform and/or oversee the build and repair of foundry patterns, core boxes and other tooling;
- Set-up and operate machine tools (e.g., mills, lathes, etc.) to machine patterns, core boxes and other tooling;
- Paint or lacquer patterns;
- Verify conformance of patterns to requirements using measuring instruments (e.g., calipers, micrometers, height gages, etc.);
- Ensure tooling is identified per requirements;
- Maintain accurate records of tooling repair and inspections;
- Flexible to assist in areas of the foundry including molding prep, assembly, sand testing, machining, etc.;
- Follow established processes and procedures to successfully complete assigned tasks;
- Ensure compliance with all safety requirements;
- Problem solve issues with product and equipment;
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized Pattern Shop;
- Maintain, organize, control, inventory supplies, spare parts, tools, and equipment;
- Conduct Preventative Maintenance per Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) schedules;
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
The right candidate:
- Must exhibit understanding and commitment to US Castings’ Core Values;
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- 3+ years of foundry pattern making;
- Knowledge of foundry processes preferred;
- CNC experience preferred;
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO 9001 certified foundry a plus;
- Must be physically able to move, push, pull and lift at least 50 pounds;
- Basic computer literacy skills required for timekeeping entry and process control data entry;
- Prototype design and 3D modeling experience preferred;
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt schedule to meet business demands;
- Must be willing to learn and acquire new skills;
- Weekends and holidays may be necessary;
- Must be willing to work in a foundry type environment;
- Constant walking, standing, pushing, pulling, carrying, lifting, kneeling, bending, stooping, and moving during working hours;
- The successful candidate will be required to pass to a drug and hearing test in order to maintain a safe work environment, and
- Random drug testing is also in effect.